perjantai 16. marraskuuta 2012

A truck driver

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel: "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."

Nearly 75 years ago, (when Welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said: "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land."

 Today, Congress has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!

 I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc....

I called a Suicide Hotline.
I had to press 1 for English.
I was connected to a call center in Pakistan; I told them I was suicidal.
They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck….

3 kommenttia:

Yksi Turkkulaanen kirjoitti...

Great story! Abreast with Mark Twain's stories.

Yrjöperskeles kirjoitti...

Kumis: @.

Kumitonttu kirjoitti...

Punastuu turkkulaasen kehuista...

Kiitti Ykä!